This box set includes the Kahu C, Kereru D and Pouakai Eb low whistles. The set features one head unit and three bodies, a case and a 'gig bag'. See the individual listings for more details about each whistle. Features of the whistles are as follows:
- These whistles are tough, made from aluminum. Unlike most Al whistles, the wall thickness is only 1mm, so it is nice and light
- The Kereru is now tuneable, about +/- 30 cents.
- The mouthpiece is my well-proven PVC and wood design with the curved lip giving a distinctive tone
- They feature a small copper painted molded plastic bell/horn which helps improve the volume of the lower notes of each octave
- Each whistle is carefully hand tuned to concert pitch A=440Hz, within the limits of variable air temperature and how hard you blow.
- Range is two octaves, and maybe a couple of notes higher although they are rather loud!
- My whistles have a very comfortable mouthpiece shape compared to many PVC or aluminium whistles
- Each whistle features the Takahe emblem of my Takahe Flutes brand.
You can hear a demo of the Kereru here: https://soundcloud.com/john-poletti/scarborough-fair-kereru-low-d-whistle-demo and see me play one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdtn7zYKKDI