The 'Peace Maker' is a Native American style two-chamber flute. Music transcends boundaries. Join the peace movement, buy a 'Peace Maker'! This flute is great for many styles, including the blues. Songs like Gershwin's Summertime are also simple to play. A demo on SoundCloud is coming soon.
The flute has four holes and is in the key of C pentatonic minor. It has a wonderful haunting tone and unlike most Native American flutes it has a full two-octave range. Main features are:
- A front chamber rolled from thin plywood, with a layer of fiberglass cloth and thread bound to improve strength and appearance.
- Front chamber can be removed for cleaning and transport
- Slight adjustment of the front chamber position can control the tone of the instrument
- A curved edge for the lip of the windway, giving a distinctive tone
- A Takahe totem in recycled native Tawa timber
- A small gold-painted bell/horn to improve the volume of the lowest notes of each octave
- A hand carved comfortable wooden mouthpiece
- All woodwork has a protective varnish coating inside and out
- Decorative feathered tassels.
The flute is best played using the first and third finger of each hand, since the holes are quite a distance apart. An instruction sheet is included with each whistle. Delivery time is typically two weeks or less.